Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Louisiana State Fair

(October 25th until November 11th)

Well yesterday was the first time in many, many years that I’ve been to the Louisiana State Fair. As a matter of fact, I think that the last time I was at the fair I was merely 6 years old. For those of you who know me, you can do the math (just don’t share my true age w/anyone).

However, yesterday was a first time thing for two special men in my life, Tam & Dominic. It was their very first time going to the fair, at least here in Louisiana. We went to the Del Mar Fair in California this year. It was Dominic’s first time, but not Tam’s. Okay, maybe it wasn’t Dominic’s first time, the time before this year when we went, I was preggers w/him.

Well any how we met up w/my cousin Brad & his wife Michelle, Michelle’s son & another cousin of mine, Jason. We ran into a slew of their friends while there. Most of the younger kids rode the rides. Tam & I rode I think 2, but I have to agree w/my cousin Brad, fair rides just no longer do the trick any more. Let’s admit we’re not all still in our teens or younger. So we ate and kept track of the younger ones.
Dominic rode some rides too. We took him on the Ferris wheel & the carousel ride of which he rode twice, the first time on an elephant & the second time on a lion (I think that’s his favorite animal right now. We shared an ice cream cone (chocolate/vanilla swirl) & fried snickers (suggested by Brad). The fried snicker’s was really good, although from the sound of it you wouldn’t have thought so, but it sure was. There was even fried Oreos, gator on stick & of course the traditional turkey leg.

No matter what rides were rode or which ones weren’t, what food was eatin’ or not a good time was had by all. I always love coming home to Louisiana and spending time w/my family. I don’t get to do it as often as I’d like, but I try to make the most of every minute I have.



No comments: