Thursday, June 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby




"Quite festive. Don't you think?"









"Matt decided to say a prayer, Lord please don't make Nyoka take another group photo, Amen ;-)."




Well for most of you who don't know, today's Tam's official birthday. That's rigth he's now 27. He actually celebrated it last night our time, which would make it early morning his time.

According to my last BLOG, I had a surprise that I couldn't share until his birthday. That way he'd receive the surprise we had in store, & boy was it killing me.

Two weekends ago, we had a b-b-q at his parents house in Palmdale. I invited some of his friends as well as Brad, Karen & Little Matt. They're more like family than friend since Tam grew up w/their children. Anyhow, we took loads of pictures and made little video clips to share w/him over there. Hoping to brighten his day even though he's far away. Thinking back to my time away from him in Texas, everyone called me on my birthday. So I had to top that, since we couldn't call, why not throw a party!?!

On the menu were b-b-q ribs (Dominic got his first taste of rib that day, thanks Brad), b-b-q chicken wings, potato salad, green salad, chips and dip & watermelon. Now no birthday would be complete w/out a birthday cake & sweetheart we had your favorite, Mint Chocolate Chip. Don't worry it was good (refer to Karen's video message) and just in case you didn't believe us, there's a huge piece sitting inside Karens freezer double wrapped and in tupperware waiting for you to "sink" your teeth into.

Seeing as how sending gifts we're not an option (he'd only have to send them back), we sent him a plethora of Birthday Cards as well as father's day cards. Any gifts that were to big for shipping are awaiting your return. To be opened when you get home.

Well Sweetheart, I hope that you truly got to enjoy your birthday even though those you love aren't there w/out. Just remember when you get home, take plenty of leave you have a lot of catching up and making up to do ;-)!!! Until then baby, be safe, take care and God speed. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love your wife, son, parents, sisters & extended family.

P.S.
1. Oh, & since Tam wasn't here to get into his cake himself, don't worry baby. Dominic got his hands in it for you. (refer to video clips)
2. The 26th of this month marks 4 months day, more than half way there ;-)
"You're not seeing double, there's a difference."
"Busted. I don't think daddy will believe me now."

"This is for you, Tam."
"I tried stopping them. Honest I did."

"Special thanks to all of those who attended this get together for Tam. Ya'll are the best. Happy belated birthday Matt Goldwater. Oh & Congrats again on your's & Wendy's sweet anouncement. Don't worry, Tam watched the video clip as I anxiously awaited on the other end of the phone. It was killing me not to tell him."

Love ya'll,
Nyoka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to our dear Tam!!
What do you think of the pictures?? In your absence we all tried to make the most of the moments - what a nice get-together with your family & friends. Looking forward to more special moments upon your return.

All our love,
Your Bishoff Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Tam,
I just wanted to tell you Happy Father's Day. And tell all of the other fathers that are over there that we (the US) said Happy Father's Day. I hope all of you have a good one.

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the party sweethaert. I did enjoy the food and the cake. you're wonderful to me. Thanks for everything that you have done for me. I love you and miss you very much. I'll see you soon.

Loving you always,

Tam