Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 176...

Well family and friends, the time is near for my home coming. I can not give dates and time but it is near. My time spent here has been helpful to the cause and the mission, I hope. I did the best job that I can with little to no equipment and with little to no support from the present company. Anyways, along the way I meet new friends. I got to know them as much as I can. A lot of them were Marines. Take care of them and they take care of you. You can always count on them to take a bullet for you, fight for you at a bar, stand up for you if others are picking on you. They are just will rounded friends. Just don't ask them to be emotional.

We have moved out of the barracks and into tent city. The barracks went to the new company that is replacing us. Living in the tent is not all that great, but it kind of reminds me of camping but a little bit up scale. The shower trailer and crapper trailer is way better here than it was at the barracks. However I can not wait to be homw taking a real shower and a real crap in a real bathroom. The shower stall is a square box that some people can hardly fit into. Some goes with the crapper. That space is so tight that it is hard to relax. You feel like your trap in a box or something. it is quite frightening. Tent city living. Wide open, just like boot camp.


Well there is not much going on at the moment, again there probably something going on, just can't say what it is. What I can say is that the weather is still hot. Windy at night during the morning hours. Acouple of days ago we had a mini sand storm come through. Oh yeah, there were a lot of clouds in the sky. I have got a few pictures that I'll post later when I get back.

You know I went swimming for the first time in a long time. The last time I went swimming was with Nyoka and Baby D. It has been a year since then. Time does fly by fast. Anyways, it was or is great. A group of us would go swimming at night when the weather is a bit cooler. It just feels real good.

Here a few pictures of new pad that we live in and a picture of the cloud covering. Enjoy and I'll see everyone real soon.


(Above) This is where I sleep. (Below) Here
I am with big smiles because I am going home
real soon.

This is one of many good pictures that I have of the sunsetting.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Baby,
I can't wait for you to be in my arms & me in yours. I can just taste it. I viewed the website you gave regarding arrival info. I am armed and ready. Can't wait to see you. Soon you will be here for me to touch. Just no more dirty tricks like last Friday, deal. Anyhow. I LOVE YOU w/all my heart. Take care, be safe and God bless. We'll see each other soon enough.
Love,
Angel

P.S. Yes, I do believe the last time we went swimming was a year ago at Oceanside beach w/"Baby D." Poor Dominic wasn't born yet. Good times.

Anonymous said...

We'll all rest easier once you're on U.S. soil. Looking forward to your homecoming.

Love,
Your Bishoff Family

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say: WELCOME HOME, TAM!
Love,
Chris