Monday, August 29, 2005

A Fun Day in The Sun...

I had planned on taking Heath out on the quad and dirt bike for some fun in the sun. Saturday, 27 Augst 2005, was a perfect day. We made plans a week prior to going. I was counting down the days and I'm pretty sure Heath was doing the same. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday came and gone. But Thursday and Friday seemded to linger on and on and on and on.
It was Friday night and the time was coming soon. Heath had mentioned that he wanted to leave at the crack of dawn, literally. He said he wanted to leave about 0400-0430. Boy I'm sure glad we left at that time. Anyways, I couldn't sleep and was very anxious to load tha bikes up and go, but it was not time.
Finally, morning came and the alarm was sounding off loud. Nyoka was nugging me to wait up. Apparently the alarm was going off for about a minute and she was nugging me very minute of that minute. I finally woke and was very excited because the time had come. Oh yeah it was 0300 in the morning.
Around 0345, I opened the garage and was waitng for Heath's arrival. At last the man of the hour is here. We can get the bikes loaded up. I can see that Heath was really excited about this morning. He had mentioned to me that he could not sleep either and that e went to bed at 0100 that morning. Poor Heath only had a couple hours of sleep. He said it was well worth it.
WE were on the road around 0430. We arrived at Ocotillo WElls around 0630. Like I had mentioned before, I'm sure glad that Heath suggested that we leave at 0400. On the drive up we felt the temperature changed from cold, cool, warm, and then hot.
As soon as we arrived, we unloaded the bikes, put on riding gear and faces and began to ride. Heath started off riding the quad because that's what he felt comfortable with. And I of course rode the dirt bike.
We rode for about 1 hour and then we headed back to camp. We rested, and drank water. I asked Heath if he wanted to give the dirt bike a try and of course without hesitation, he answered , "YES!" He started riding around the camp so that he could get a feel for it. he did that for about 10 minutes. You could see that he was have the time of his life on the bike. So we then headed out on a ride. He rode the dirt bike while I rode the quad.
This time out, Heath wanted to find some jumps and I agree. We finally found a decent mound that we can use for some mondo big air fun. I had brought my video camera along and got some really cool video of Heath getting some mondo big air. it was great. Of course, he mixed it up with no handers, no hnader landing and some gnarly tricks. He took on big burms and big hill climbs. Boy he was having loads of fun.
Well here are some pictures. Enjoy.
Heath on Suzuki LT 250R chilling out in the HOT blistering SUN!!!

Heath on Honda CR 125R wishing that it was cooooler than 105 degrees F.

This is Ocotillo Wells. The desert wasteland that we rode on. We almost died of HEAT EXHAUSTION!!!

  • Heath's" Riding Adventure
  • No comments: