Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A new beginning

23 Aug 2005

Well, this is quite exciting. This is a cool way of keeping in touch with family and friends around the globe. I am sure glad that The Wilhoits and The Sharpes introduced the Blog to us. This way Heath can read up on how Nyoka's pregnancy is going and seeing how pregnant she gets. Even seeing the baby boy or girl.

Here's alittle bit about the Duong's. Nyoka and I meet in Okinawa in 1999. It took us almost a year to get together. I think she was playing hard to get, (so say's her aunt). Anyways so we got together but, we didnt know when we got together. I rememer sitting on a concrete bench by the ocean in Okinawa in December. I turned to her and said, "so, what is next in our lives." Well it wasn't those exact words but, it was something like that. We were talking about if we could call each other boyfriend and girlfriend. We both agree it was time to do so. The next question was, what was the day that we got together. We both looked at each other with confusion. We both know we started dating after Halloween and before Thanksgiving. So with confident, I said, "November 15!" The date was after Halloween and before Thanksgiving.

We grew fond of each other and had lots of fun. Spent the nights over at each others room, when we weren't suppose too. Stayed out late walking the sea wall and eating at out door restaurants in Okinawa. Rented hotels and cabins...well you know. We did what all couples in love do, have fun and enjoy each others presences. As I looked into her eyes and held her hands, I knew that she would be the one that I marry.

It was getting time for me to leave Okinawa and go back to the states so that I can attend Surgical Technologist School in San Diego. What surprised me next was that, she turned to me and said, "did you want me to go to San Diego with you?" I was thinking in my head, is she for real? She wants to follow me to San Diego. Right then and there I knew that I was definetly going to marry her.

So she followed me to San Diego and we got married on 15 Nov 2001. Now we have a little new on the way. It has been an exciting and unforgettable journey with Nyoka. I plan on continuing the journey with her for the rest of my life.

Of course there is a lot more to the story of Tam and Nyoka. I just gave you a really short version. To get the full story I would have to write a novel. At least now you have an idea of who we are.

Catch you later...

No comments: