Saturday, October 29, 2005

Back From The Field...

Well it was a rough and exciting 6 days in the field. Went out to the field last Saturday, 22 Oct 2005, and returned, 27 Oct 2005. We set-up about 16 Base-Ex tents and 13 GP tents. The GP tents was more challenging because they were bigger. The GP were used to house the troops. The Base-Ex were used as medical spaces. Saturday was set-up. It went well into the night. It was tough setting up the GP tent up in the dark but we managed. There were generators running and we had light but it was still a challenge. The Base-Ex was set up first, so that we could recieve casualties. The GP's was not that important. Patient somes first.

As a Preventive Medicine Tech, I did not do much out there. Our job is to go out to the site and assess it before any troops are moved. I was not included in that evolution. My other job is to lay out where the berthing was to be, where the latrine goes, and where the Base-Ex tent were to be set-up. These are just a few of my responsibilities.

Overall, being out in the field was an enjoyment for me. Eating 3 MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) a day was great. Leaned a lot and was grateful for a lot of things while I was out there.

Overall it was great training. Now I am ready to go over there and do my job...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.