Thursday, April 06, 2006

Day 40...

It has been 40 days since I left the states. It is not too bad. Work here keeps me busy, and there is a lot of down time. Here i get to do a lot of cool stuff. If I was back in the states, the things that I do here, I could not do back home. I get to drive around in a HMMV, carry a 9mm around with me, and a lot of other cools things. I have taken a lot of cool pictures within the camp and outside of camp. I wont be ale to upload all the pictures here. I'll do it when I return. There are days here that we don't do anything. It is due to the fact that all the work is done. However, we do get a lot of request to do other work. I don't mind doing extra work, it keeps me busy and time goes by faster.

Time has gone by pretty quick here. The week flies by pretty quick. I mean it is already Friday. I have been here 1 month 12 days. Come 26 April, I'll be here 2 months. That means that I will only have 4 months left to go.

Well I'll close for now. Here are a few picutres of me here in the Middle East.


Here is Mark and I at Camp Taqqadum Iraq.
We were both in transition to our final distination.
I work with Mark back at Camp Pendleton


Here's me posing with a M240G.

The MA did a little class on diassemble and assemble of the weapon.

Here is me driving the tactical vechile, HMMV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tam,
It's good to hear from you. Nyoka was telling me the same thing when I told her you only have 5 months left. It does seem like the days are flying by. That gun does look heavy. Knowing me if I was holding it I would have dropped it and shot myself in the foot. Well, I'll let you go and you have a nice Easter whenver it gets here. I know that will be the hard part to miss Dominic's first Easter but try to enjoy it. Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
My what a handsome man I have, not to mention brave. Know we all love you & miss you very much. Take care & keep your head up.
Your wife & son,
Nyoka & Dominic

Anonymous said...

Hey Tam can you bring one of those M240G's home ? it will be great for Dove season. Just think a limit every 30 seconds. love you stay alert !! see ya soon
Brad

Anonymous said...

P.S. The HMMV would be nice too!!
BB