Saturday, January 28, 2006

Nyoka On A Quad...

At the beginning of the week, I planned a trip for Nyoka and I to go riding at Octillo Wells. I checked the weather and it was suppose to be beautiful. With high's in the 60's and sunny skies. Last time I went, Heath an I called it a day at about 1100, because the sun started to beat down on us.

We woke up about 0600 this morning and started to get ready. Eat breakfast, feed Dominic, load the bike and gear. We were out the down and on the road by 0700. The drive up was not bad, or me that is. Once we got into the winding roads and the dips, Nyoka got nauseated. I was trying hard not to laugh but I couldn't help myself. Of course she got mad at me for laughing at her. I knew in my mind that something was coming from her direction. I was right a big fist punch to my right shoulder. I told her that I wasn't laughing at her, but rather with her.

The scene was nice. The air was crisp and cold. We hit a little fog going through Lake Henshaw but made it out safe. We were about 30-45 minutes from Octillo Wells, and we were both anxious ride. Nyoka decided that she would lay down and close her eyes for the remaining of the ride to Octillo.

We finally made it there in one piece. I found a place that was easy to unload and load the quad. Got out of the truck and changed over to the riding gear. Nyoka was shocked that I had changed my pants in the wide open. I told her that I do it all the time. I like driving confortable. The riding gear really isn't made for driving for long periods of time in a confined space. Anyways. Unloaded the quad and began the riding adventure.

I took her to an open and flat field. Gave her a real quick class on riding, shifting, breaking, turning, and kick starting of the quad. She had trouble kick starting so I did it for her. The first time riding a clutch, you'll always stall it and thats what she did. After awhile. she got used to it and she was riding like a pro. Of course she never got out of first gear, but she was riding like she's been riding all her life. I am really proud of her.

Heath you shouldn't have been there. We'll have to plan a riding trip once I get back.

  • Nyoka's Quad Riding Adventure



  • Pro Rider Nyoka "The Speedster" Duong

    Admiring and photo with the Pro Rider!!!

    No comments: