Thursday, February 09, 2006

Getting Ready for the Sand Box...

Well, it is almost time for me to go and do my part as a Nav Corpsman. This past week, I've been checking into my unit that I'll be going with. Got all my gear that I'll needing over there. A lot of it is just junk stuff that I wont need. I'll probably jus take the essentials. Things like water canteen, sleeping bag, each unifrom, extra boots, hygiene products, soxs, underwear, and most importantly a flak jacket. I'll make sure that I wont forget that. It is a must to have over there. It could mean between life and death. My departure date is 25 Feb. It is subject to change, but I'm pretty sure that is the date that I'll be heading out. The time frame is about 6-8 months.

It'll be the end of winter and the start of spring. The summer months is not what I'll be looking forward too. I'd rather be cold than hot. I'll propbably come back 20 pounds lighter and looking like Kate Moss, HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I am looking forward to this deployment. I've been waiting and wanting to go. I joined the military for this type of stuff. When it first deployment tool place in 2002, I tried volunteering myself to go, but I couldn't. I want to do my part in this war. I want to protect the lives of my fellow sailor and marines. I also want to protect my family from terrorist and protect their freedom. I fight for them and for those who believe the world should be a place without dictatorship and genocide. I am glad that I'll have a chance to fight for those who can't fight for themselves and those who are afraid to stand up for themselves. I believe in time that WE (The United States of America and our allies), can win the fight against terrrorist.

Well the time is nearing and I am very anxious to go. The sooner I leave, the sooner I can get back to my family.

No comments: