Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 25...

Well ladies and gentlemen, this is day 25 for me out here in the sand box. Not much happening out here. But lately we've been recieving casualties left and right. The PMT's are designated as litter bearer's. Meaning when the casualties come in, we grab a litter and carry the casualties inside to the trauma room where doctors and corpsman can work on them. There are times when I stay behind and do my duties as a corpsman. Yep, I still remember how to start IV and and putting on leads. I still remember my corpsman training.

Lately we've been busy with incoming casualties. Just watch Fox news or CNN news. The majority of the casualties come to us. Just the other day lab activated the walking blood bank. That's when different units who have specific blood type come in and donate blood. Lab needed AB pos, so HM1 Anchia volunteer to donate blood. He said he is AB pos. I had the pleasure of sticking HM1 Anchia.

Things are good out here. Sleeping well at night and waking up at the usual time. Chow is awesome out here. For breakfast, i usually have three hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit and waffle's or french toast. For lunch the DFAC had a varitey of foods. Rice, grilled cheese, bbq ribs, buffalo wings, fried chicken a lot of other food. It is too much to list. For dessert, there's ice. Baskin Robin 31 flavor's. Of course they dont have all the flavor's but they have the ones that count. I usually don't do dinner. But on Sunday's they have lobster and steak dinner. Last Sunday, we went to DFAC two for dinner. They had karaoke night. It was the first time that they had it. Hopefully, they'll have it every night.

That's all that has been going on. Well there are always something going on, but it is hush, hush. Until next time... Peace!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tam,
I see that they are keeping you busy. I see that they're feeding you right. Be sure to eat all 3 meals now. We don't want you to return home just skin and bones. Of course we don't want you to come home fat either. When you said that they gave you ice for dessert I thought you meant actually ice. Then I figured it out that you meant ice cream.
Take care of youself and we'll talk later. -Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart,

Just keep your head up and your kevlar on. Sounds like you enjoy some of what it is that you're doing.

Thank you for the sacrafice & dedication to service. Dominic & I love you very much and are here waiting your return. WE LOVE YOU very much.

Love,
Nyoka & Dominic