Saturday, March 04, 2006

Day 3...

Well guys, this is my 3rd day in the sandbox and it doesn't seem to bad. I thought it would be a lot worse than expected, but things are going quite well. The living quarters are concrete structures and my work space is also concrete. The showers and bathrooms are trailers which is about 200 yards away, so it is a walks away to drop the childs off at the pool and also to smell and feel fresh. I f you want to get around here, you would have to walk. Lucky for me, everything is near by. Of course we do have vechiles to use for work. Some of the places we go to requires us to drive because it is so far away.

Work as not officially started for the new crew (which is me and other people) until 06 Mar 2006. I know when we start working, time is going to fly by. Right now not much is going on, just turn over with the old crew.

The food here is great. There are always pastries in the galley, Baskin Robins, Gatorade, soda's... and a lot more other products. I think a lot of people here might come home a little heavier than when they arrived. Me, I plan on going to the gym every chance that I get and run whenever the weather permits. I know that coming the weather is going to change inthe upcoming months. I hear that it can get up to 140 degrees F out here.

Well that is all the update that I have out here. Take care.

No comments: