Saturday, July 01, 2006

Day 126...

Well it has been 4 months since I have left the wonderful world of the states. There has been a lot going on since I last posted. I am now on a different base with a different unit. I got moved about a month ago. I didn't want to move but it was the needs of the Navy. I was sort of picked to go because of my quick thinking and knowledge. Plus someone in this unit knew me and asked for me by name. So far so good. Can't complain much. I am doing a lot more than just food inspection and stuff. I
get to fly to different base's and OP's and COP's
I enjoy flying. It also gets me away from the work space and my new unit. I don't like this unit. They do not have unity. Can't talk to anyone, don't know if they're going to stab you in the back or not. The only people that I can talk to is my roommates, co-workers and a few of the corpsman. The leadership just sucks and reallys a rude awakening, but enough about that. I have been to two different base's since I have been here and have also flown twice. I know in the future there is going to be more flying for me. I'll fly till the day that I leave. I fly about once a week and stay out for a few days. Our main job now is to do camp surveillance and survey on vector control and snaitation. I like my new job because I get to see a lot of different
things. I get to see how others live in a combat zone. I have got some wonderful pictures that I will put in the gallery when I return. it truely is the field at some of these places. Well the sun is getting warmer and the days are getting longer. But lucky for us the nights are cool and my room has AC. It is not the best AC unit but it keeps me cool. Not much else is going on. just waiting for the day that I get to come home to my wonderful family. Especially my wife, Nyoka and son, Dominic. I miss them a whole lot.

Well here are few pitures of me around Iraq. The first one is of a blown up Iraqi F-15. The second is of me at a COPin Iraq. That was thelast place that I went to. The third one is me during sunset at the first COP that I went to since being with the new unit. The last photo is me getting ready to board a CH-53E Super Sea Stallion. This is the main bird that we usually take.


Well everyone, that is it for now. You all take care and I'll see everyone real soon.









Geared up and ready to go into combat.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Sweetheart,
It was soooo wonderful to hear your voice tonight. Even though we are 1,000's of miles apart, it brings me that much closer to you. Dominic loves to hear your voice even if he doesn't talk much. Can't wait to see you, too. But our time is getting closer by the day. Please take care and may God bless.
Love you always,
Nyoka

Anonymous said...

Our Dear Tam,

Have been anxiously awaiting a new post here to see what the new surroundings are like. Glad you are making the best of the move to a new unit. We are so proud of you, along with everyone else stationed over there.
As we approach the 4th of July I hope it's not just a fireworks, BBQ partying atmosphere for those here in the states. Hopefully everyone bows their head for a moment of prayer for all of you who make our freedom and independence a reality.
We love you and miss you.

Love and BIG HUGS,
Karen, Brad, & Matt

Anonymous said...

Dear Tam,
I hope you and everybody else that's with you have a nice 4th of July. Take care and be safe.

Love,
Chris