Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 155...

Well folks, it has been 155 days since i saw everybody back in the states. the end is nearing for me to come and see all the wonderful and loving people that I left behind. I really do love and miss you guys very much. I am really lucky to have loving friends and family that support everything that I do and believe in. It has been a long journey but a worthwhile one. I have
seen a lot and learned a lot while being out here. I have also exprienced a lot. There are of
things that I would like to talk about but do to
Operational Security, I can not.

Last week was my last mission. I am glad that it is over. It just means that I am almost to the end of the deployment. It has been great. I am one of the lucky one that get to go outside the wire. The majority of the people here don't know what it is like outside. They only get to hear about and see it on the news or read it in the paper. I know that going outside the wire is dangerous, but it is part of the mission here. It is part of my job. I glad that I did it. My team provided a lot of experience and advice to the
outling bases.

While being out here, I saw a lot of people that I knew back in the rear. I saw a few chiefs that I have worked with. I saw a bunch of corpsman that I had the honor to train. I had told them before I left that I would see them out here. They look at me like I was crazy and that I didn't know what I was talking about. I guess I proved them wrong.






I had the opportunity to go see a friend of mine at one of the camps. I had told him that I would try to go out and see him while I was out here. It was great to see Mark. It was nice to see a familiar face out here. If I had not moved out here to the unit that I am with now, I would not have had the chance to come out and see him. I guess I am glad that I was transfered. Good things comes to those who are moved. I had a chance to put my other skill to work.
The entomology part of my job. We would set out traps 3 times a week and identify the following day. After we identified them we would prep them for shipment and send them back to the states to get them tested for various disease's. It is time consuming but fun.

Well folks, thats all I have to say for now. Take care and I'll see everyone real soon.

Pictures: Top right-setting up mosquito trap. Middle left- Mark and I out at his camp, standing by his BAS. Bottom right-Me identifying mosquito.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Tam,
Dominic & I are sooooo looking forward to your return. We will be waiting for you from where ever it is that we get to pick you up from. Glad that your missions are over. I know you're still in harms way, but at least your a little safer. Well sweetheart, we'll see you soon. Please take care and may God bless.
Your loving wife & son,
Nyoka & Dominic