Saturday, September 10, 2005

Upcoming Events...

This past week I received some news about upcoming deployments to the Sand Box. Yes, I am going to the Sand Box. For those who don't know what the Sand Box is, it is Iraq. I won't be going till February 2006. I really excited. I found out the news this past Wednesday. Don't really know how long I'll be going for, I just know that I am going. There's already training set up for me in October, MAP training. Medical Augmentation Program Training. I'll be out in the field doing night ops, land navigation, medical stuff and a lot of other things.

The last few months of this year is going to be pretty busy with Nyoka having the baby, setting up day care for the baby, me trying to spend all hours of the day with the family, training and getting my afffairs in line. I told my parent's and sister's last night. My dad took it very well because he was once in the army. He knows the life of a service member. My mom didn't take it very well. She immediately open your arms and held me for several minutes. I told her it was going to be ok. My sister's took it better than my mom but not my dad. I told them all that it was going to be ok and that I'll be fine.

Anyways...

Today, Linh and Jan (my sister's) they're hosting a baby shower for Nyoka. They sent out invitation to the cousins and to our close friends. It is going to be an exciting day for us. They have made this a coed baby shower, which is cool. Were sad that our friend from Texas could not make it. That's right Dominique, I'm talking about you. Anyways, I'll go into more details in the next post and I'll have pictures. Later.

No comments: