Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 81...


Well, it has been 81 days since I left California for the country of Iraq. Come, 26 May 2006, I'll be gone for three months. Do you know what that means? that means that my deployment is half done. We dont know when we are expected to rotate back, but I have been hearing sometime this year.

So far, I have enoyed my stay here in Iraq. I have seen things that people can only imagine and dream. I still believe that we're out here for a good cause. and that cause is to make Iraq a safer and a more free nation. Give freedom to the oppressed people of Iraq. Get rid of the terrorist organization in the Middle East as well as around the world. I seen stuff that
newspaper and CNN, MSNBC, and Fox news air.
I have been outside the wire and I have seen
what goes on. It is very scary picture out there.
Driving down the road, you dont know what to expect. If it is going to be a small arms fire or an IED. I have seen vehicles that have been blown up by IED's. Like I said I've seen things that only people can imagine and dream.


The work out here produces results for the military. As a Preventive Medicine Tech, our work impacts a lot. If it was up to me, I would only do missions that helps the troops that are out in the cities, OP's and FOB's. But there is always someone higher thatn me that dont think the way that I think. they're main objective is to make the next rank.

The time out here has come and gone. We're so busy with different missions that there are times that I dont know what day it is. I am also involved in a lot of things around my command. Things that well keep me busy. A lot of my time is spent watching mivies and looking for stuff to decorate our office or room. Something that well make this place more like home.

Well that's pretty much it for now. Thanks for the support back at the home front. I love guys and miss you dearly. I'll e home soon.



Here I am With about 100 rounds of
.50 caliber armor piercing rounds.



Here is me standing in front of a blown up Iraqi Mig 15 at Al Asad.
Here is a sign that caught my attention. It's
Ron Burgundy in Iraq.

3 comments:

Tam said...

Tam,
We are very proud of you. Just keep a level head. Wow, we're almost 1/2 way there. Time is sure to fly by faster now. Baby, know that we love you a miss you very much. Waiting for you w/open arms.
Your wife & son,
Nyoka & Dominic

Anonymous said...

Tam, it's hard to believe it has been 3 months. I was thinking that the other day. 3 more months and you'll be home. You know what they say: time flies by fast. I'll leave out the when you're having fun part because I know the fun part will be when you are home safe and sound here in the US with Nyoka and Dominic in 3 months. then you'll have so much fun with Nyoka and playing with Dominic it will be as if you never left. I'm still praying for you and I know these next 3 months will go by fast. You take care.

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

May God bless you and keep you safe.
We love and miss you,
Your Bishoff Family