Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sweet Surprise

(Family portrait from miles apart.)

My daddy came for a visit yesterday, sort of. Mommy, ba noi, ong noi & I got to see and speak w/daddy via video conference on base. Although our time was short, I certainly enjoyed our visit. Daddy got to see me crawl/scoot, eat, get my diaper changed and even get a little fussy. Daddy even said that I'm quite active, I think I get that from my mommy as she's always doing something & hardly ever sitting still. Mommy has been sending him little video clips of me moving and what not, but it's not the same as being able to see it in person.

I could tell that mommy was a little sad, although she didn't say anything, as we weren't able to hug or touch daddy. I certainly tried, you'll be able to see it in the following pictures. However, the great news is that we've hit our half way mark and only have 3 months to go (roughly). In 3 months time our family will be inseparable and we'll get to hug, kiss (I'll personally drool) all we like.

Although the conversation wasn't long, mommy wanted to document as much as possible. So, naturally she brought her camera along. She was able to take pictures of all of us w/daddy as well as take some video clips of our conversations.

Well please enjoy the following pictures. We've reached the 1/2 way mark. Please take care.

Daddy, remember that you are my HERO & that I love you very much. I will be waiting here for you to play catch with. I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Your Little Big Boy,
Dominic L. L. "Buddy"


( Ba noi, me & Ong noi w/daddy {my hero}.)


(I know who my daddy is. I tried so hard to touch him, but the darn screen got in the way.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tam,
I just wanted to say Happy Memorial Day. You have a safe one and a good one. That was great that you got to see Nokya and Dominic by video. Yes, 3 more months and you'll be home. Well, I'll let you go and you be safe. You and everyone else there have a nice holiday. Try to enjoy it.

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Our Dear Tam,

Memorial Day will not go by without all of us thinking of all of you - your efforts are not in vain. We're so proud that you're part of our wonderful nation's defense.
Isn't technology a great thing!! I'm so glad your family was able to share in the "video visit" with you.
Won't be long now as the weeks are certainly slipping by. Stay safe and know we love you.

BIG HUGS,
Karen, Brad, & Matt

Anonymous said...

Nyoka,
This is beautiful. I love the honor, love, and family the you have to show the rest of us. Thank you. And thank you Tam for all that you have done. I have so many friends with husbands over there. May God keep his watchful eyes and loving hands upon you. I love you both

Rhianon and Heath said...

It is so good to catch up with you three! We miss you all so much. Praying the time goes by fast for your return. Nyoka, Rhianon can't stop saying how much she misses you and is really excited for school to be done to be able to spend time with you and little D! The pic's of Dominic are so good, he is getting so big and has the biggest smile. We are praying for you all and can''t wait to you are all back together.
Love always, The Wilhoit's