Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

The earliest Mother's Day celebrations can be traced back to the spring celebrations of ancient Greece in honor of Rhea, the Mother of the Gods. During the 1600's, England celebrated a day called "Mothering Sunday". Celebrated on the 4th Sunday of lent (the 40 day period leading up to Easter).

In the United States, Mother's Day was first suggested in 1872 by Julia Ward Howe (who wrote the words to the Battle hymn of the Republic) as a day dedicated to peace. Ms. Howe would hold organized Mother's Day meetings in Boston, Mass ever year. To make a long story short, today Mother's Day is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday in May. Honoring all mothers of the past, present & future.

This was my first official Mother's Day & I couldn't have asked for anything better. To all the mother's out there, I hope your day was a great as mine. Love you all very much.



Love,
Nyoka (1st time mom)

P.S. Thank you sweetheart for our beautiful baby boy. He has brought a tremendous amount of joy to our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day sweetheart. you guys looking good on Sunday. I love you both very much and i miss you you guys dearly. i am so blessed to have both of you in mu life.

Anonymous said...

You all made my Mother's Day complete! I honestly would be lost without my precious "Duong Kids". Tam, although I missed your call the message was saved and it brings a smile to my face to listen to it whenever I want.
God Bless all of you.

Hugs,
Karen